I’m having a Susan Lucci moment, please allow me to bask in this for a minute………
Okay now that I have composed myself (sniff, sniff), I would like to thank Roxanne at A More Creative Me for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a blog award given to bloggers with less than 3000/1000/500/300 followers (there are a few variations floating around), from other bloggers who think that your work is worthy of being noticed by their readers. It’s basically the 2014 version of those chain letter emails that you have to answer, that we all use to bombard each other with in high school. Bloggers are bringing it back to 2004 to spread the love around and I’m not mad at it. While there are no official rules (I think, but I could be totally wrong and severely underestimating the importance of this whole thing), Lorraine at Wording Well has a SUPER thorough run down of the rules that can be followed. When you accept the award you answer the nominator’s questions to you, nominate fellow bloggers that you enjoy, and create new questions for them to answer.
SOOOOO now I have to answer the following questions to complete this nomination, here goes nothing.
1. What’s the hardest part about blogging?
I would say not doubting my own voice. In my head I’m usually thinking, “OMG no one is gonna fucking care about what I have to say Adriana, don’t even bother.” So getting over that thinking has been my biggest challenge.
2. I can’t survive without _____.
My Baby Minnie that I have had since I was a child. I sleep with her every night and when I don’t have her my insomnia is on ANOTHER LEVEL.
3. What’s your favorite food?
I honestly can’t pick one thing because it depends on the mood I’m in. Sometimes I want sushi and fried rice, other times I want Jamaican jerk chicken and festival. It really depends on what my tastebuds are craving at the moment, but when all else fails a club sandwich never disappoints.
4. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Take my family on vacation immediately. South of France, charter a yacht, Diddy style.
5. Favorite season
Miami doesn’t really have seasons but I guess you could say Spring; because it’s not 95 degrees yet but it’s hot enough to go to the beach.
6. Team Android or Apple (or neither)?
Apple ALL DAY, EVERYDAY!!!
7. Favorite song and/or artist
“Take Me or Leave Me” from the musical Rent is the theme song of my life. I have it tattooed on me and everything. Mariah Carey is my favorite artist of all time though #lambily.
8. What’s for dinner?
I think my family is finally gonna finish the Thanksgiving leftovers.
9. If you could go back in time, what year would you go to and why?
I would go back to the 20’s (any year would work for me) because it is my favorite era in history. The music and fashion from that time are spectacular.
10. How many languages do you know? (Speak, or read, or write, or understand…)
I speak English and I understand Jamaican Patios (my accent is awful so I avoid speaking it for everyones sake).
11. How do you sleep? On your side, stomach, back…other??
I am a side sleeper with a body pillow to wrap myself around (it’s the man I don’t have in my bed).
Here are the question I want you guys to answer.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. What super power would you want to have?
3. Pepsi or Coke?
4. Favorite song and/or artist?
5. Greatest life lesson learned to date?
6. What is your favorite city you have visited?
7. What are you allergic to?
8. Favorite holiday and why?
9. Favorite Disney Princess?
10. Is the glass half empty or half full?
11. Biggest pet peeve?
I must say this was pretty fun. Spread the love and happy blogging.